A Site Appraisal considers any aspects of a site that may impact on the design, in order to determine its suitability for development.
This is usually carried out prior to the purchase of the site, but also applies to sites already within the client’s control.
Development Feasibility Studies
A Development Feasibility Study also considers any aspects of a site that may impact on the design, in order to determine the viability of a particular type and extent of development.
A professional site appraisal will:
- Help you to determine if the proposed development of the site is financially viable
- Identify unexpected cost issues at an early stage, enabling you to be more accurate in your initial cost projections and avoid later unwelcome cost overruns
- Provide you with the justification for renegotiating the land sale price / option agreements (up or down)
- Reduce the cost of redesign work, as potential issues are highlighted at an early stage
How We Can Help
Cole Easdon Consultants are experts at carrying out Site Appraisals and Feasibility Studies.
Here are some of the services we can provide to assist you:
- Produce a Constraints Plan highlighting any constraints such as utilities, levels, public rights of way, localised ground contamination, etc
- Prepare a Utilities Report, for both existing apparatus that may be affected by any works, as well as the potential for new connections
- Prepare a Drainage Strategy for both surface and foul water. This will include investigating ground conditions to determine infiltration rates and the viability of a Sustainable Urban Drainage System (SUDS)
- Prepare an access strategy identifying the most appropriate type and location of highway junctions, as well as the suitability of the surrounding highway network to cope with any additional traffic.
- Undertake an accessibility appraisal. This will highlight the access to local facilities, such as convenience stores and schools, the linkage to existing public transport, alterations required to existing public transport routes and potential linkages with the surrounding infrastructure such as footpaths and cycle ways
- Carry out a desktop Flood Risk Assessment to highlight any required mitigation measures and to determine if a full Flood Risk Assessment is required
- Hold preliminary meetings with Technical Officers from relevant bodies to gauge likely requirements for technical work (i.e. In support of a planning application)
Examples of Our Work
Ambrosia Creamery, Lifton: Feasibility study and preliminary design relating to the implementation of a flood defence to protect the factory site from overlapping of the River Lyd. More…
Ermin Street, Broad Blunsdon: Access Options Report for a proposed residential development.
St Joseph’s School, Swindon: Site Appraisal for a new development in Swindon including a new highway bridge, a drainage strategy (including on-site attenuation measures) and statutory undertaker costs. More…
Tadpole Lane, Swindon: Site Appraisal in relation to access and transportation implications for a mixed use residential and office development.
Folly Park View, Faringdon: Constraints plan for the internal road layout and slab levels, together with a drainage strategy for a proposed residential development of 400 dwellings. More…