Senior Transport Planner – Edison Park, Swindon
We seek a Senior Transport Planner to join our Swindon office.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Cole Easdon Consultants (CEC) as a Senior Transport Planner in our Swindon office. CEC is a multi-disciplinary civil engineering consultancy. Founded in 1986, we are proud to have earned a reputation for quality, reliability and value. We stand out from our competitors as a strong, independent company that understands where we have come from, and where we are headed.
We are dedicated to supporting and empowering our people to achieve their personal and professional development goals within an inclusive working environment. We have a strong ethos of trust throughout the company with a focus on building relationships and encouraging our people to use independent judgement to deliver excellent client service. Our working environment is friendly and team orientated, with a culture that encourages fresh ideas, enthusiasm and provides opportunities for progression.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be involved with the preparation of a variety of technical reports, including Transport Statements and Assessments to support planning applications for a range of land uses, from minor projects through to major development, nationwide.
Reporting to an Associate Director, you will play a key role, managing projects and leading the technical work required throughout their lifecycle. You will be expected to confidently liaise with clients, council officers and other Design Team Members.
You will represent Cole Easdon on site visits and in meetings (subject to any COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time).
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent numeracy, oral communication and written English skills;
- A minimum of 4 years relevant work experience;
- A relevant Bachelor or Masters degree (in a subject such as Geography, Transport Planning or Civil Engineering);
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload;
- An excellent understanding of transport planning fundamentals and the planning process;
- Proficient in the preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements, Travel Plans and Technical Notes;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Knowledge of junction modelling software and proficient in the interpretation of results;
- Competent in the use of TRICS and TEMPRO;
- A full UK driving licence is desirable.
- Experienced in the use of junction modelling software
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD and AutoTrack
- Personal pension contributions;
- Private healthcare;
- Free on-site parking;
- Casual dress (unless formal meetings require otherwise);
- Payment of a professional membership subscription;
- Social events;
- Company bonuses;
- Opportunities to work from home;
- 25 days holiday, which increases periodically after 3 years of service.
Cole Easdon Consultants is seeking to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds. Every candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
If you think you have the skills required for this position please forward your CV to Ewa Szuster (email@example.com) with the subject line reading ‘Senior Transport Planner – [Insert Name]’. Please include salary expectations.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. Agency fees will not be paid if terms have not been agreed upon and the same candidate approaches us directly.