Senior/Principal Transport Planner – Aztec West, Bristol
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior/Principal Transport Planner to join an established multi-disciplinary consultancy that has been trading for over 30 years. Our working environment is friendly and team orientated, with a culture that encourages fresh ideas, enthusiasm and provides opportunities for progression.
On a day-to-day basis you will be heavily involved with the preparation of Transport Statements, Transport Assessments, and Travel Plans, to support planning applications for a range of land uses. Reporting to a Director, you will play a key role in leading the technical work required throughout the lifecycle of projects and will be expected to confidently liaise with clients, council officers, and other Design Team Members.
You will also play a key role in assisting the training and development of a Graduate within the team and this role is therefore a very exciting prospect for somebody looking to join a team where there will be opportunities to delegate work and impart knowledge.
The Bristol transport team works on sites all over England but with an emphasis on large redevelopment sites in London. Travel to site visits and meetings will therefore be necessary (subject to any COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time).
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent numeracy, oral communication, and written English skills
- Between 5 and 10 years relevant work experience
- A relevant Bachelor or Masters degree (in a subject such as Geography, Transport Planning or Civil Engineering) is essential
- Experience of managing projects and acting as the lead point of contact
- An excellent understanding of the transport planning fundamentals and the planning process
- Proficient in the preparation of Transport Assessments/Statements, Travel Plans and Environmental Statement Chapters
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of junction modelling software and proficient in the interpretation of results
- Competent in the use of TRICS and TEMPRO
- A full UK driving licence
In return, CEC offers a comprehensive employee package including competitive salary, personal pension contributions, private healthcare, free on-site parking, casual dress (when appropriate), payment of a professional membership subscription, social events and performance-related bonuses. There will also be opportunities to work from home.
If invited to interview, you will be required to provide examples of your work and carry out a short task to demonstrate the quality of your written work.
If you think you have the skills required for this position please forward your CV to Ewa Szuster (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line reading ‘Senior/Principal Transport Planner, Bristol – [Insert Name]’. Please include current or most recent salary and salary expectations.