CEC provide a range of services to both local and central government including:
- Transport Assessments, Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to support planning applications for new or extended schools, hospitals, and other council owned land
- Expert witness representation at public inquiries
- Input to area transport strategies
- Assisting Parish Councils with objections to local planning applications or designing a local road safety scheme
- Assisting local authorities with local area flood impact studies and the management of flood risk in accordance with the recommendations of the Pitt Review
- Detailed Design of Infrastructure to enable re-development
Case study examples are provided throughout the website under each of our key disciplines, however, the following provide a flavour of the work we have undertaken for government bodies:
Rowlands Castle, Hampshire: Expert witness report & mediation for Hampshire County Council relating to a legal case involving property flooding and damages. More…
Banstead Leisure Centre Link Road, Surrey: Civil Engineering Design services for the design of 430m link road to serve the new Leisure Centre, on behalf of Reigate & Banstead Borough Council. The design also required the design and approval of a Section 104 foul sewer to serve the Leisure Centre. More…
Sainsbury’s Development, Melksham: Preparation of Proof of Evidence (Flood Risk) on behalf of Wiltshire Council & representation at Public Inquiry.
Olympic Equestrian Event, Greenwich: Transport Planning services including preparation of the Transport Assessment which examined the transportation impacts of spectators, staff and the Olympic Family for this 2012 Olympic venue. Extensive modelling of a number of signalised and priority junctions to examine the impact of the predicted traffic movements generated by the 2012 events, on the operation of the local highway network. More…
Westminster Lodge, St Albans: Transport Planning services relating to a planning application for the redevelopment of the Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre in St Albans, on behalf of St Albans City & District Council.
High Peak Council Depot, Buxton: Budget costings for the implementation of a household waste recycling centre and the consideration of alternative sites.