The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) stipulates key roles and accountabilities for certain projects.
One of these key roles is the Principal Designer, whose responsibilities include advising the client of their duties, notifying the Health & Safety Executive and co-ordinating design work.
For projects that are notifiable under CDM 2015, it is a statutory obligation for clients to appoint a competent and adequately resourced Principal Designer, as soon as practicable after initial design work.
We are able to act as Principal Designer on your behalf which has the following advantages:
- All activities required to deliver the development are coordinated between all parties — ensuring delivery on time
- All stakeholders fully understand their roles under CDM 2015
- Health & Safety issues have been fully and properly considered by all parties
How We Can Help
Being appointed by the client, we are able to act as Principal Designer to take control and co-ordinate the pre-construction phase of a project. We can provide a member of staff with the required knowledge, experience and ability to carry out this role and undertake the following:
- Ensuring that the client is fully aware of their duties and obligations
- Ensuring that communication between the various parties is clear and consistent, i.e., by attending regular design and site progress meetings
- Ensuring that Health & Safety issues have been fully and properly considered by all parties
- Notifying the Health & Safety Executive at appropriate times
- Compiling the Health and Safety File at the end of the project
Examples of Our Work
Patheon, by Thermo Fisher Scientific, Swindon: New 158 space car park to serve an existing industrial complex, including level design, drainage, contract documentation, site supervision and contract administration.
Dauntsey’s School, Wiltshire: CDM Co-ordination for the construction of a new car park and drainage scheme within the school grounds. More…
National Diving & Activity Centre, Tidenham: CDM Co-ordination for major/minor priority junction into new Diving and Activity Centre site located off the A48 Trunk Road near Chepstow. More…
Blackmore Business and Technology Park, Malvern: Detailed design of 300m of Industrial access road and associated drainage, plus 200 m of stream diversion works. More…